When working with English Language Learners and their families, be very specific, speak directly to them and utilize resources such as translators and older siblings. This will aid in limiting misunderstandings between teacher, student and parent.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Working with Families and Children who are English Language Learners
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Series: Empowering Family-Teacher Partnerships: Building Connections in Diverse Communities
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Education
- Subject: Teaching Diverse Students (general), Bilingual/ELL Learners, Speech, Language & Communication Needs (SLCN)
- Duration: 00:01:50
Speaker: SpeakerOnline ISBN: 9781506313535Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2012