Professor William Ray discusses evolutionary and abnormal psychology, as well as how they relate to each other. Evolutionary psychology looks at how disorders have changed over time and gives a new perspective on psychopathology. Abnormal psychology studies different mental disorders and the underlying mechanisms of mental illness.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: William Ray Discusses Evolutionary and Abnormal Psychology
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Subject: Evolutionary Psychology, Psychopathology
- Duration: 00:40:55
- Keywords: anxiety, bipolar disorder, brain imaging, brain research, Charles Darwin, clinical psychology, clothing, collaboration, comparative psychology, comparison, cultural differences, culture (anthropology), decision making, depression, emotion, environmental factors, epigenetics, evolutionary psychology, funding, gender differences, generational change, genes, genetic markers, genetic processes, group formation, hormones, hospitalization, immune system, immune system and disorders, language, mate preferences, mate selection, mechanisms, mental disorders, mental illness, mutation, natural selection, networks, neuroscience, neurosis, normalization, physiological processes, primate morphology and evolution, problem solving, psychological processes, psychologist client relations, psychology, psychopathology, psychophysical approach, psychosis, psychotherapy, research methods, research skills, Schizophrenia, Sexual selection, Social problems, Social processes, Social relations, teaching, theoretical biology, treatment, uniqueness
National Institute of Mental Health, 1949-
Academic: William RayOnline ISBN:9781473965270Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016