Dr. Nicholas Wilton provides two definitions of human resource management. The traditional meaning refers to the management of people in work organizations. The alternative meaning, also known as high-performance HRM, refers to the use of people as a strategic resource within a company.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: What is Human Resource Management?
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Human Resource Management (general), Strategic Human Resource Management
- Duration: 00:01:13
- Keywords: business and management, context effects, corporation, employment culture, human resource management, organization and administration, personnel delegation, Strategy (organizational), work (economic activity), workforce
Academic: Nicholas WiltonOnline ISBN:9781473991965Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016