Brian D. Fitch discusses what happens after an arrest. He describes a progression that starts with probable cause, through the preliminary hearing, and to the final verdict that must show guilt beyond reasonable doubt.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: What Happens After an Arrest
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2014
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Practice & Procedure, Courts (general), Sentencing
- Duration: 00:03:31
- Keywords: arraignment, arrest (policing), criminal justice system, criminology and criminal justice, evidence-based policing, preliminary hearing, probable cause, reasonable suspicion, rights at sentencing, rights of the accused, trial by jury
Practitioner: Brian D. FitchOnline ISBN:9781506367231Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2014