Dr. Anthony Ellis defines what violence means to different types of people, then explains the ideas of morality that are usually behind violent acts. Ellis concludes with a discussion about current theories of violence.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Violence & Society
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Subject: Violence & Society, Sociology of Culture
- Duration: 00:24:31
- Keywords: aggression, alcohol and aggression, attitudes and beliefs, biological anthropology, brain development, context effects in perception, criminology, critical thinking, domestic violence, domination, football, gender and behavior, inequality, influential texts and figures of veneration, justification, masculinity, morality, perpetrators, Social class, Social context, Socially approved violence, Sociology, Sociology of domestic violence, Spectator violence, Symbolic power and violence, Symbolic violence, Systemic power, theoretical concepts, victims, violence, violence against women, war and society, working class
Academic: Anthony EllisOnline ISBN:9781473963825Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017