Dr. Scott Young presents a case study of a Japanese garment company that outsourced production to China to save on labor costs. Managerial issues, high employee turnover rates, poor product quality, and late deliveries are causing the Shiraishi Garment Company to reconsider their manufacturing strategy.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: The Shiraishi Garment Company: A Case Study
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Global Operations Management, Quality Management, Operations Management (general)
- Duration: 00:10:45
- Keywords: business and management, case study research, China, corporate restructuring, delivery systems, employment relations, global value/commodity chains, globalization (business), globalization of factory work, Japan, Japanese management, labor costs, labor turnover, management culture, managerial behavior, manufacturing strategy, Nike, Inc., outsourcing and subcontracting, overtime, product quality, quality control, Shipping industry, Supply chain management, Supply chain risks
Academic: Scott YoungOnline ISBN:9781473990821Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016