Valerie Jencks discusses her work as a marriage and family therapist and what the job entails. Family therapy emphasizes relationships and relationship systems, unlike other types of mental health treatment, which usually focus on the individual. Jencks explains how she got into the field and provides an example of a group therapy session.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: The Practice of Parenting
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Subject: Parenting, Family Studies (general), Marriage & Family
- Duration: 00:21:25
- Keywords: family therapy, group therapy, group therapy and counseling, isolation, marriage counseling, mental health, parenting skills, parenting styles, parents, roles and responsibilities, Sociology, therapies, techniques, and interventions, therapist techniques/behaviors, time management, working parents
Practitioner: Valerie JencksOnline ISBN:9781526420411Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017