The importance of maintaining the patient care environment is explained, including proper hygiene for the nurse and the patient, as well as patient safety, physical environment safety, sepsis and infection control, and isolation guidelines where appropriate.
- Type of Content: Demonstration
- Title: The Patient Care Environment
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Co-publisher: Medcom Inc.
- Series: Foundations of Nursing Care
- Publication year: 2020
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Nursing
- Subject: Art of Nursing, General Nursing Practice
- Duration: 00:16:53
Keywords: airborne infections, asepsis, falls (accidents), hand hygiene, hospital accidents, hygiene, infection control, infectious disease transmission, isolation for infection control, nursing process, patient care management, patient hygiene, patient restraint, patient safety, physical restraint, protective equipment, protective masks, protective shields, Sterilisation and disinfection areas
Contains: Assessment QuestionsOnline ISBN: 9781529728279Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd and Medcom Inc