Professor Gus Martin discusses how terrorist groups use social media for recruitment, and how young, idealistic people are especially vulnerable to their message.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: The Information Battleground: Terrorist Violence and the Role of the Media part 2
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Terrorism, Media & Crime, Juvenile/Youth Crime & Delinquency
- Duration: 00:02:06
- Keywords: idealism, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), recruiting, Social media, terrorism, terrorism and media, terrorist groups, young people at risk
Academic: Clarence Augustus MartinOnline ISBN:9781506383668Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2015