Dr. Geoff MacDonald discusses the development of attachment and different attachment styles. Attachment styles can be secure or insecure, and they develop based on the trust children have in their caregiver. The attachment system is an evolutionary process related to children's need for protection.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: The Development of Attachment
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Subject: Interpersonal Relationships, Human Sexuality, Adulthood
- Duration: 00:13:29
- Keywords: attachment, attachment styles, attachment theory, caregiver role, childhood attachment typologies, depression, distress, evolutionary approach, learning theory, loneliness and health, longitudinal research, love (emotion), mortality, parent-child attachment, physical and mental health, physiology, protection, research, Secure attachment, Sensitivity, Social isolation, Stress (psychological), trust (psychology), vulnerability
Academic: Geoff MacDonaldOnline ISBN:9781473973909Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016