Drawing on real examples from Apple's 2010 balance sheet, this video explains the basic equation at the heart of this financial statement: assets equals liabilities plus equity. The video defines assets, liabilities, and equity, as well as discussing different types of measurement used in accounting.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: The Balance Sheet
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Accounting (general), Financial Accounting
- Duration: 00:39:19
- Keywords: accounting (finance), accounts payable and receivable, advertising, allowances, assets, balance sheets, cash flow, classification, consumer transactions, corporation, current assets, depreciation of property, dividends, earnings management, equations, equipment, equity (finance), financial statement, financial statement analysis, fixed costs, goodwill assets, income, income statement, inventory, investment (finance), liability, loans, manufacturing, measurement, ownership and control, partnerships, patents, property, recognition, research and development, Shareholders, Shares (finance), time factors, value judgment, warranties
Apple, Inc., 1976-Online ISBN:9781473981355Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016