In chapter 3 of this series on crisis management, Michael McManus discusses the challenges that arise within an organization in crisis. He describes how leaders have to face staff dissent and enemy plots, and that above all they must maintain calm.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: The Acute Stage - Internal Challenges
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Crisis Management, Organization Studies (general)
- Duration: 00:28:31
- Keywords: advertising campaigns, anger, containment, crisis, crisis communication, crisis management, decision making, decision making under stress, enemies, flexibility, John F. Kennedy, John Kenneth Galbraith, management, management and leadership, politics, problem solving, procrastination, resilience, rumor transmission, Stabilization, Staff (employees), Staff consultation, Staff layoff, survival, Survival strategies, team building, team leadership, termination of employment, turnover, utilities, values (guiding principles), Winston Churchill
John F. Kennedy
John Kenneth Galbraith
Ottto von BismarkPeople
Practitioner: Michael McManusOnline ISBN:9781473981171Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016