Professor Gus Martin explains that governments sometimes retain or hire terrorist groups to act on their behalf, so the governments can appear to be separate from the violence.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Terror From Above: Terrorism by the State
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Terrorism, State Crime, Political Crime
- Duration: 00:01:11
- Keywords: dissent, international conflict, paramilitary force, State-sponsored terrorism, terrorism, terrorist groups, terrorist weapons
Academic: Clarence Augustus MartinOnline ISBN:9781506366609Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2015