Dr. Terri Scandura discusses teams and uses the example of the Emergency Medicine Research Team to show effective team leadership. This small medical research group that expanded quickly. Through trial and error, the team leader learned how to lead effectively.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Team Development and Leadership in a University Emergency Medicine Research Team
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Teamwork in Organizations, Leadership Development
- Duration: 00:11:27
- Keywords: administration, asthma, attention span, biomarkers, communication challenges, communication skills, cost control, data analysis, decision making skills, demand, effectiveness, emergency medicine, empowerment, expansion of services, expansion strategies, feedback, group communication, group decision making, groups, teams, and teamwork, growth management, hierarchy, income generation, injury prevention, knowledge, learning (psychology), lungs, medical research, medical technicians, nurses, ownership, patients, popularity, procedure manuals, protocols, research, roles and responsibilities, Staff (employees), Standards, Strategy (organizational), Success, team building, team composition, team development, team leadership, team management, team performance, traumatic brain injury, undergraduate medical education, work team effectiveness, work teams
Harvard University, 1636-
US Department of Defense, 1947-People
Academic: Terri A. ScanduraOnline ISBN:9781473973718Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016