Professor Barry Emery discusses sustainability in the context of the fashion industry. Sustainable fashion is usually found in the niche operators, not in the mainstream fashion providers. Niche operator Ecoalf produces goods out of waste, such as plastic bottles, used coffee grounds, and old car tires.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Sustainability in the Fashion Industry: Ecoalf
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Sustainability, Retailing, Small Business Marketing
- Duration: 00:15:07
- Keywords: alliances, business ethics, business strategy, case study research, collaboration, competition (business), cotton industry, decision making in business, distribution (business), environmentalism and organizations, fair trade, fashion industry, innovation (business), mainstreaming, marketing (business), networking, niche markets, pesticide, premium, pricing, profit making organizations, quality improvement, recyclable products, recycling behaviors, renewable resources, research and development, reuse/recycling, Success, Supply chains, Sustainability, target markets, waste
Marks & Spencer plc, 1884-
The Coca-Cola Company, 1892-
Apple Inc, 1976-
Academic: Barry EmeryOnline ISBN:9781473965058Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016