Social enterprise advocate Cliff Southcombe presents a case study of Suma Wholefoods, a cooperatively run food wholesaler based in Leeds. All Suma employees are also owners, and decisions are made democratically. This business competes successfully in a traditional business environment, and all workers receive the same high wage.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Suma Whole Foods & Democratic Decision Making
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Decision-Making, Organizational Culture
- Duration: 00:17:28
- Keywords: business and management, business and power, business schools, case studies, challenges, issues, and controversies, collective choice, competition (business), cooperatives, decision making, efficiency, employee participation in organizational decision making, ethics, growth management, hierarchy, job satisfaction, learning and motivation, motivation, organizational culture and effectiveness, ownership and control, recruitment, reliability and validity, rotation, Scaling, Skills development, Social enterprises, Success, time factors, trust, values (guiding principles), wage structure, wholesale markets
Suma Wholefoods, 1975-People
Practitioner: Cliff SouthcombeOnline ISBN:9781473965034Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016