Students discuss why they do or do not believe that juvenile offenders, under the age of 18, can be sentenced to the death penalty. Professor Kenneth Peak explains that before 2005, they could be executed. The Supreme Court has since ruled execution and life without parole are unjust for youth.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Student Perspectives: Juvenile Sentencing
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Juvenile/Youth Justice, Sentencing, Constitutional Law
- Duration: 00:05:04
Academic: Kenneth PeakOnline ISBN: 9781506373256Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2017