Professor Stephen Procter explains teamworking as a way to structure workplaces that increases workforce autonomy and production, as well as ameliorating some of the negative effects of lean management. He discusses how it is applied in different contexts, particularly the manufacturing and public service sectors.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Stephen Procter Discusses Teamworking
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Teamwork in Organizations, Management (general)
- Duration: 00:30:04
- Keywords: applications and contexts, autonomy, case studies, cost savings, division of labor, employee attitudes, employee behavior, employee compensation, employee voice, historical influences, human relations movement, human resources, interdependence, intrinsic and extrinsic work motivation, lean production, management, manufacturing and operations, operations management, organization (group structure), organizational performance and work design, outcomes, public sector, research, Scientific management, Sociotechnical theory, Standard operating procedures, Taylorism, teaching, team-based compensation, teamwork, workplace relationships
Inland Revenue, 1849-2005
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, 2005-
Lucas Industries, 1860-1996
International Workshop on Teamworking, 1996-People
Academic: Stephen ProcterOnline ISBN:9781473956155Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016