Professor Amy Wenzel defines somatoform disorder as a mental health problem which causes a person to fixate on a medical condition. She explains that some outdated terms for this type of disorder are being replaced by more respectful terminology.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Amy Wenzel Defines Somatoform Disorders
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Subject: Dissociative Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Clinical Psychology (general)
- Duration: 00:04:59
- Keywords: academic discourse, anxiety disorders, case studies, cognitive behavioral therapy, distress, hypochondriasis, mental health, misconceptions, research, Somatoform disorders
Academic: Amy WenzelOnline ISBN:9781473955929Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016