Cliff Southcombe discusses how his rural community formed a coalition of residents to create a broadband internet system for the town. He explains how the system works and outlines the benefits and challenges of having a community-based system.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Social Enterprise: Bay Broadband
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Small Business/Entrepreneurship (general)
- Duration: 00:17:21
- Keywords: access to information, access to information technology, broadband, case study research, committees, community associations, community benefits, community development, community groups, community involvement, cooperative behavior, governing board, governing bodies, home office, internet, internet and communities, Social enterprises, voluntarism
Practitioner: Cliff SouthcombeOnline ISBN:9781473974869Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016