Mark Driver, co-owner of Rathfinny Wine, discusses the challenges of starting a business and transforming a product into a PDO, or product of designated origin. Starting a business requires capital and knowledge of your target market. To receive PDO designation, your product must follow a strict set of rules--but it will be protected by the European Union.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Small Business Management & Marketing at Rathfinny Wine Estate
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Business & Management Skills, Marketing Strategy, Small Business Marketing
- Duration: 00:09:55
- Keywords: business management, capital (economics), capital intensity, consumer satisfaction, country of origin requirements, crops, agricultural, economics, European Union, fermentation, focus groups, income, international business, knowledge, skills, and abilities, market research, marketing (business), ownership, process (operations management), production management, protection, qualitative analysis, quality specifications, Sales, Sulfur dioxide, target markets, trade (economics), trademarks, unique identifiers, wine
Practitioner: Mark DriverOnline ISBN:9781473965065Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016