Dr. Leslie Baker-Kimmons discusses race relations in the United States today. She critiques the neoliberal idea that we are living in a post-racial society, pointing instead to the structural inequality inherent to racial hierarchy.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: The New Racism in a Raceless Society
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Subject: Racism & Discrimination, Classism & Social Exclusion
- Duration: 00:08:59
- Keywords: African Americans, African Americans and sentencing disparities, institutionalized bias, law enforcement, meritocracy, minority groups, multiculturalism, neoliberalism, oppression, police and violence, power and power relations, protests and demonstrations, race and racism, race relations, racial inequality, racial profiling, racial segregation, Slavery, Social equality, victim blaming
Academic: Leslie Baker-KimmonsOnline ISBN:9781526420374Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017