In this documentary, Stephen Brown an English Coordinator at the Hove Park School, discusses student debate and the long-lasting growth, engagement, and intellectual confidence it can instill in students. By using cross-curricular skills students stay engaged and use their knowledge to create a reputable opening argument and closing argument.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Secondary English Debate Club
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Education
- Subject: Secondary English, High School Teaching Methods
- Duration: 00:12:02
- Keywords: academic ability, debates, extracurricular activities, learner engagement, life skills training, teacher preparation
Academic: Stephen BrownOnline ISBN:9781473935631Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2015