Lorenn Walker discusses restorative justice and the criminal justice system. Restorative justice allows people to have a personal experience in justice, helping to repair the harm caused by violent crimes. Walker introduces a case study in which a murderer and the murder victim's family found closure.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Restorative Justice for Violent Offenses
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Restorative Justice, Violent Crime, Courts (general)
- Duration: 00:15:17
- Keywords: crime and punishment, criminal justice, criminal justice system, criminal justice system reform, forgiveness, murder, murder and violent crime, restorative justice, restorative policing, violent crime, violent offenders
Washington State Penitentiary, Walla Walla, Washington
Practitioner: Lorenn WalkerOnline ISBN:9781526419743Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017