Professor Randall Engle discusses the field of working psychology, which is centered around the idea that the information that you can remember is relatively limited. He talks about how attention is related to this field, because it is not just about remembering information but also about remembering the information while there are other things happening trying to distract your attention.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Randall Engle Discusses Working Memory and Attention
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Subject: Attention, Memory, Learning
- Duration: 00:52:44
- Keywords: Alzheimer's disease, applied psychology, attention (psychology), behavior (psychology), bias (testing), biology, brain, brain imaging, capabilities, cognition, cognitive abilities, cognitive psychology, comprehension, correlation, debates, depression, diminished capacity, fluid and crystallized intelligence, fluid intelligence, frontal cortex, genes, genetics, heritability, individual differences, information (concept), intelligence, IQ, job performance, language, learning (psychology), memory, nature and nurture, parasympathetic nervous system, prediction (methodology), predisposition, problem solving, psychology, reason (rationalism), research, Schizophrenia, Short-term memory, Sleep deprivation, Standardized testing, Students, Survival analysis, Sympathetic nervous system, technology, testing, variability, video games
Academic: Randall EngleOnline ISBN:9781473965195Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016