Dr. Andrew Pomerantz introduces the Tarasoff case before exploring situations in which it may apply. Pomerantz also investigates the role of the counselor in reporting potential violence.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Professional Issues and Ethics in Counseling & Psychotherapy: Threats of Violence
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2018
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Subject: Professional Issues (general), Counseling Ethics & the Law, Therapeutic Relationship & Process
- Duration: 00:14:15
- Keywords: counseling and psychotherapy, counseling skills training, dangerous/violence potential behavior, legal and ethical issues, patient privacy, protection against violence, violence prevention, violence risk assessment
Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California, Supreme Court of California, 1976People
Academic: Andrew PomerantzOnline ISBN:9781526444011Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018