Professor Lee Barron applies the fashion theories of 19th century sociologist Georg Simmel to pop music icons.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Popular Culture (contemporary fashion and music)
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Media, Communication & Cultural Studies
- Subject: Youth Media & Culture, Visual Culture, Popular Culture
- Duration: 00:08:04
- Keywords: artists, arts, media, and popular culture, celebrity, celebrity and fan magazines, clothing, fads and fashions, fashion industry, Georg Simmel, identity (sociology), musicians, popular culture, Simmel's philosophy of society, Social identity, Sociology, The Beatles
Academic: Lee BarronOnline ISBN:9781473945609Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2015