Dr. Patricia Burch and Dr. Rodolfo Acosta explore the impact of politics on the American education system. Over the course of their conversation, Burch and Rodolfo examine arguments surrounding civics, school funding, teachers' unions, and multicultural education.
- Type of Content: Conversations
- Title: Patricia Burch and Rodolfo Acosta Discuss Navigating the Politics of Education in School and Instructional Improvement
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2018
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Education
- Subject: Instructional Leadership, Superintendents & District Administration, Program Development & Evaluation
- Duration: 00:29:21
- Keywords: academic freedom, charter schools, civic education, context in education, education, educational policy, funding of schools, institutionalized bias, politics, politics and government, racism and discrimination, teaching (occupation), transparency, unions of teachers
Interviewee: Rodolfo Acosta
Academic: Patricia BurchOnline ISBN:9781526444042Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018