Professor Stewart Clegg discusses the key points of organizational structure. Organizations are social constructions, far more complex than what studies of the past tried to demonstrate. Today's research on organizational theory offers a larger array of methods.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Organizational Theory Part 2: The Post-WWII Era
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Organizational Theory, History of Management, Organization Design
- Duration: 00:15:02
- Keywords: bureaucracy, bureaucratic theory, contingency theory, efficiency, government regulation, history of industrial/organizational psychology in Europe and the United Kingdom, history of industrial/organizational psychology in North America, imitation, input-output models, institutional entrepreneurship, institutional isomorphism, knowledge, skills, and abilities, Max Weber, mechanistic organizations, new forms of organizational structure, open systems, organic organizations, organization size, organizational design, organizational routines, organizational structure, organizational theory, pluralism, postbureaucratic organizations, Standardization, Systems theory, Systems transformation, taxes, technology
Academic: Stewart CleggOnline ISBN:9781473965157Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016