Nutrients are necessary for physical development and the maintenance and repair of body functions. An overview is presented of the six categories of nutrients: carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water.
- Type of Content: Demonstration
- Title: Nutrition for Nurses: Nutrients
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Co-publisher: Medcom Inc.
- Series: Nutrition for Nurses
- Publication year: 2020
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Nursing
- Subject: Health Promotion, General Nursing Practice
- Duration: 00:16:12
Keywords: amino acids in nutrition and metabolism, balanced diet, caloric intake, carbohydrate and protein intake, carbohydrate biochemistry, cholesterol, Dietary Guidelines for Americans, dietary proteins, disease prevention, fat intake, fiber in food, food consumption, health promotion, metabolism, nutrition, nutrition and public health, nutrition education, nutritional needs, Saturated fat, trans fat, unsaturated fat
Contains: Assessment QuestionsOnline ISBN: 9781529728477Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd and Medcom Inc, 2020