A neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) approach to the counseling and coaching topic of goal setting sets up a context where the client feels comfortable and the goals are actually reachable. The NLP coach or counselor sets goals with the client that are specific, measurable, and achievable. In terms of motivating the client, NLP coaches/counselors place emphasis on chunk size or whether the goal is visionary or definable, time frame, and the greater context of the client's conscious and unconscious life.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: NLP Goal Setting
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Subject: Goal-setting, Counseling Skills (general), Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Duration: 00:10:52
- Keywords: coaching, coaching (business), cognitive psychology, counseling, goal setting, goal-setting theory, neurolinguistic programming, occupational psychology, Stress management
Academic: Bruce GrimleyOnline ISBN:9781473931725Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2015