Dr. Melchor de Guzman discusses property crime and the research that has been done on the subject. Property crime covers tangible items but also non-tangible items, such as intellectual property rights. De Guzman discusses law enforcement response to property crime, major academic debates in the field, and the impact of his own research.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Melchor De Guzman Discusses Property Crime
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Types of Crime (general), Property Crime, Economics & Crime
- Duration: 00:21:20
- Keywords: arson, crime mapping, crime prevention, crime prevention measures, criminal investigation, criminology, debates, financial institutions, insider trading, intellectual property, intellectual property rights, larceny/theft, law enforcement, motor vehicle theft, nonviolent crimes, policy impacts, property and property rights, property crime, property crime statistics, research, research findings, research methodology, research methods, restitution for crime, routine activity theory, Security, Self-report surveys, vandalism, violent crime, VIVA (situational crime prevention)
Academic: Melchor de GuzmanOnline ISBN:9781526400659Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017