TJ Billard, PhD candidate at USC Annenberg, discusses their research on the portrayal of transgender and non-binary individuals in legacy press outlets and fiction media.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Media Portrayal of Transgender & Non-Binary Individuals
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Media, Communication & Cultural Studies
- Subject: General Media, Communication & Cultural Studies, Media & Gender, Media & Identity
- Duration: 00:30:32
- Keywords: activism and social justice, activism and social transformation, advocacy, criminal justice, diversity, empowerment, fiction, gender and the media, gender identity, individual and society, journalism, language and politics, marginalization, media and communications, media and gender stereotypes, media industry, movies, naming, narrative analysis, narrative research, narrative stories, news media, newspaper press, print media, representation, Self-identity, Social change, Social justice, Stereotypes and stereotyping, Stigma, transgender movement, transgender research, transgendered people, transgendered persons, violence
Interviewee: Thomas J. Billard
Interviewer: Josue SilvaOnline ISBN:9781529707526Copyright: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2019