Imani Cheers, PhD, professor of digital storytelling at George Washington University, discusses representation of gender and race in the media.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Media & Race Representation: An Interview with Imani Cheers
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Media, Communication & Cultural Studies
- Subject: General Media, Communication & Cultural Studies, Media & Race
- Duration: 00:20:03
- Keywords: accessibility, anti-apartheid media, anti-apartheid movement, authenticity, barriers to women's leadership, discrimination, diversity, diversity in organizations, film industry, films (media), gender and race/ethnicity, Hollywood, marginalization, media and communications, money, opportunity sources, patriarchy, photographs, race and gender, racism, racism and popular culture, representation, Sexism, Social movements, Stereotypes and stereotyping, Storytelling, Streaming media, television, television networks, women and leadership, YouTube
Oprah Winfrey NetworkPeople
Academic: Imani CheersOnline ISBN:9781529707175Copyright: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2019