Professor Callie Marie Rennison explains the importance of measuring crime. She identifies the FBI and Bureau of Justice Statistics as two entities that measure crime, and she explains the differences between how each conducts its assessment.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Measuring Crime
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Series: Introduction to Criminal Justice, 1e
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Research Methods for Criminology & Criminal Justice (general), Crime Measuring & Mapping, Crime Data & Crime Trends
- Duration: 00:03:38
- Keywords: Bureau of Justice Statistics, crime measurement, data collection, FBI, geographical areas, homicide, National Crime Victimization Survey, police and victims, policy and advocacy, research findings, trends, victimization
Academic: Callie Marie RennisonOnline ISBN: 9781506367293Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2015