Dr. Terri Scandura discusses the leader-member exchange model of leadership and how important trust is in the workplace. The leader-exchange model reflects the quality of the working relationship that a boss develops with each employee and the impact this has on job satisfaction. Trust in the workplace results in more effective groups and enhanced productivity, but trust in leadership has fallen globally.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Managing Up
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Leadership Styles, Leadership, Motivation
- Duration: 00:15:58
- Keywords: assessment, business communication, commitment, denial (psychology), differentiated staffing, effectiveness, fairness, goal setting, honesty, influence (psychology), integrity at work, job description, job performance, job satisfaction, leader-member exchange theory, leadership (business), management, misconceptions, motivation and career development, norms (social), performance evaluation, performance monitoring, promotion (occupational), quality management, recordkeeping, research, Salaries and wages, Skills (abilities), transgressions, trust, trust (psychology), trust in government, turnover, uniqueness, vulnerability, work (economic activity)
Roy J. Lewicki
Barbara Benedict Bunker
Academic: Terri A. ScanduraOnline ISBN:9781473968950Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016