Professor Stewart Clegg discusses methods for managing conflict, such as communication and workshops. He uses Qantas's appointment of a new CEO and the reaction to the changes he implemented as an example of how not to manage conflict.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Managing Conflict: Qantas
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Managing Conflict, Employee, Industrial & Labor Relations, Crisis Management
- Duration: 00:11:54
- Keywords: airlines, case studies, communication challenges, competition (business), conflict resolution, consensus, cost analysis, cost savings, customer care, debt, dispute resolution, export, financial weakness, goodwill, lockouts, management, marginalization, negotiation, organization (group structure), productivity, Strategic change, Strategy (organizational), Success, unions, wisdom, workshops
Academic: Stewart CleggOnline ISBN:9781473962088Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016