Patricia Hanes discusses the rise of public health nursing, which can be attributed to the influence of Lillian Wald, a remarkable nurse and reformer of the early 20th century.
- Type of Content: Documentary
- Title: Lillian Wald & the Growth of Public Health Nursing
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Series: History of Nursing
- Publication year: 2020
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Nursing
- Subject: History of Nursing , Community Health
- Duration: 00:06:17
Keywords: 20th century history, activism and social transformation, advocacy, child labor laws, community nursing, history of nursing, influenza pandemic of 1918-19, Lillian Wald, NAACP, national organizations, public health journals, public health nursing, Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906, School nursing, Social reform, vulnerable populations
Academic: Patricia HanesOnline ISBN: 9781529722635Copyright: SAGE Publications Ltd., 2020