Professor Patrick Leman discusses the importance of child development. The immense amount of learning that happens during childhood allows children to develop into competent adults. There is increasing evidence that many psychological problems can be tied to negative childhood experiences.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Introduction to Studying Child Development
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Subject: Child Development, Social & Emotional Development, Cognitive Development
- Duration: 00:14:54
- Keywords: Asperger syndrome, autism spectrum disorders, biology, child development, children (age group), developmental psychology, developmental psychopathology, economics, educational psychology, environmental factors, ethnicity, experimental studies, family learning, friendships in childhood, gender, growth (human development), identical twins, influence (psychology), information processing, IQ, knowledge and learning, language and communication, learning and communication, longitudinal research, nature and nurture, neuroscience, observation (research), positive development, psychology, research, research methods, Schools, Social development, Social impact, Social relations, Study design, television, television and language learning, twin studies, understanding (cognition)
Academic: Patrick LemanOnline ISBN:9781473972032Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016