An overview is given of gerontological nursing and factors that affect the well being of elderly populations, including, ageism, disease management, geriatric syndromes, and end-of-life planning.
- Type of Content: Demonstration
- Title: Introduction to Gerontology
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Co-publisher: Medcom Inc.
- Publication year: 2020
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Nursing
- Subject: Care Across the Lifespan
- Contains: Assessment Questions
- Duration: 00:14:50
- Keywords: age and aging, age discrimination, ageism, baby boomers, delirium, discrimination, elder care, falls (accidents), frailty, functional disorders, geriatric assessment, geriatric care, geriatric nursing, gerontological nursing, gerontology, health promotion, hospice care, incontinence, incurable diseases, multidisciplinary teams, pain management, palliative care, pressure injuries, Self-awareness, Stereotypes and stereotyping
Online ISBN:9781529728064Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd and Medcom Inc, 2020