Professor Rick Johnston begins a series on financial accounting. In this first installment, he introduces basic accounting terms and financial statements. Johnston also explains the different audiences for financial statements and how to use the statements to analyze a company's performance.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Introduction and Overview
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Financial Accounting, Accounting (general)
- Duration: 00:46:36
- Keywords: accounting (finance), accounting systems, accrual based accounting, accuracy, assets, audiences, balance sheets, business communication, business management, business strategy, cash basis of accounting, cash flow, commitment, comparison, competition (business), consistent financial reporting, contingency planning, cost determination, cultural differences, documentation, employees, equations (mathematics), equity, equity (finance), financial statement, financial statement analysis, financing, for-profit institutions, generally accepted accounting procedures, income, income statement, interest rates, International Accounting Standards Board, inventory, investment (finance), liability, literacy, loans, loss, management accounting, noncash expense, operating cash flow, operating costs, organization and administration, prices, profit, recordkeeping, relevance (education), reliability and internal consistency, return on assets, revenue management, Sales, Shareholders, small business, Stakeholders, time factors
Academic: Rick JohnstonOnline ISBN:9781473981348Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016