This tutorial explores the history and meaning of inclusion in mainstream education and in the broader picture of a more integrated, and inclusive world. Gavin Reid argues for a holistic view of education, where children with certain needs receive personal and specific unit provision, while still being included in the mainstream. Reid posits that all children are special in a myriad of ways and that a system that provides the additional resources to recognize and support these specialties can achieve full inclusion.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Inclusive Education
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Education
- Subject: Special & Inclusive Education (general), Diverse Learners, Inclusive Education
- Duration: 00:12:22
- Keywords: cognitive skills, educational psychology, equality, holistic education, inclusive education, integration of the disabled, learning disabilities, mainstreaming (education), Socioeconomic factors, Socioeconomic integration and segregation, Special needs education
Scotland, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Wales, United KingdomPeople
Academic: Gavin ReidOnline ISBN:9781473930858Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2015