Ayako Miyashita, JD, Adjunct Faculty at UCLA's Luskin School of Public Affairs and Associate Director for the California HIV/AIDS Policy Research Center at UCLA, discusses legal and ethical concerns for social workers supporting clients living with HIV.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: HIV-related health disparities and Legal and Ethical considerations for Social Workers who Support Clients Living with HIV
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Social Work
- Subject: HIV/AIDS, Qualitative Methods, Research-Informed Practice
- Duration: 00:20:23
- Keywords: advocacy, biomedical research, bisexual men, black Americans, community building, criminal justice system, criminalization, depression, disclosure of information, discrimination, epidemiology and demographics of lifestyle-related health issues, ethical considerations, gay communities, HIV/AIDS, hiv/aids epidemic, hiv/aids in criminal justice, hiv/aids prevention, intersectionality, intersectionality of race, class, gender, and ethnicity, law and policy, legal advocacy, legal issues, legal remedies, legal research, LGBT issues, mental health, misconceptions, multidisciplinary teams, privacy issues, research, Service provider, Shame, Social inequality, Social justice, Social policy, Social system, Social work, Stigmatization, Survey research, Syphilis, tobacco consumption
Kaiser Family FoundationPeople
Academic: Ayako MiyashitaOnline ISBN:9781529706147Copyright: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2019