Mick Cooper discusses how a therapist can help a client weed out and examine negative thoughts, using these thoughts to catalyze therapeutic insight(s). For example, if an adult client thinks of the world as a critical and harsh place, it may be an opportunity for the therapist to help them explore the impact of negative childhood experiences on their current perception of the world.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Helping clients understand their thinking
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Subject: Enhancing the Client's Self-helping Skills, Giving Feedback, Counseling Skills (general)
- Duration: 00:05:28
University of Roehampton, 1841-
Academic: Mick CooperOnline ISBN: 9781473935273Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2015