Professor Harry Barton discusses the topic of lean management. He describes how lean management ideas can be taken from the manufacturing industry and applied to service industries like policing. Professor Barton also explains his own research and how he teaches about lean management in the classroom.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Harry Barton Discusses Lean Management
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Service Operations, Operations Management (general), Logistics
- Duration: 00:34:49
- Keywords: community policing, confidence-building measures, corruption, efficiency, lean enterprise, logistics, management, management education, management effectiveness, management planning, management research, manufacturing, motivation and career development, performance management, police, police accountability, police and law enforcement, police management, police powers, police recruits, police selection, police staff management, police structure: centralized/decentralized, research, Safety, Service industry, teaching, training police, value added measures
Land Rover (JLR)
Academic: Harry BartonOnline ISBN:9781473956223Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016