Dr. Terri Scandura discusses teams and explains how to have more successful teams. Effective leadership creates good teams; leaders need to be able to balance tasks and relationships, motivate the team, and manage conflict. Some conflict within teams can increase performance, but too much conflict can cause poor performance.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Good Teams, Bad Teams: Team Leadership Essentials
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Teamwork in Organizations, Managing Conflict, Leadership
- Duration: 00:15:05
- Keywords: brainstorming techniques, coaching (business), cohesion, conflict, conflict management, conflict resolution, delegation, expertise, facilitation, free riding, goal setting, group decision making, groups, teams, and teamwork, interpersonal skills, learning (psychology), listening skills, morale, motivation, performance assessment, productivity, project management, relationship-oriented leadership, research, Satisfaction, Social loafing, task analysis, task leadership, task performance and analysis, team building, team composition, team development, team diversity, team leadership, team management, team performance, team training, teams, teamwork, work teams
Academic: Terri A. ScanduraOnline ISBN:9781473973725Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016