Carla Valentine discusses the role and career pathway of an anatomical pathology technician. An anatomical pathology technician assists the pathologist at autopsies by doing the dissection and evisceration, and by taking the specimens. An anatomical pathology technician must have patience, upper body strength, and a strong stomach.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Forensic Science: The Role of an Anatomical Pathology Technician
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Forensic Science, Forensic Science & Investigation (general)
- Duration: 00:12:16
Keywords: anatomical pathology technicians, autopsies, cause of death, coroners and medical examiners, crime, crime analysis, forensic science, forensics, investigation techniques, job skills, organ size, pathologists, pathology, police, post mortem reports, post mortem room technicians, protective equipment, reconstruction, risk adaptation, routines and habits, Safety, tool use, verification
Practitioner: Carla ValentineOnline ISBN: 9781473964020Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017