Greg Autry explains how to forecast and exploit recessions in the business cycle. He disputes the efficient markets hypothesis, because it is based on the assumption that information flows equally, that investors always seek optimal returns, that investors are rational actors, and that credit is equally available.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Forecasting & Exploiting the Business Cycle
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Strategic Management & Planning, Human Resource Strategy & Planning, Advertising & Promotion
- Duration: 00:16:20
- Keywords: adaptation, advertising, bonds (finance), brand management, business cycles, business management, cost benefit analysis, credit, economic growth, entrepreneurs, financial crises, forecasting, gross domestic product, human resource strategy, information dissemination, interest rates, investment (finance), irrationality, market efficiency, market forecasting, motivation, noise, opportunity costs, practices, strategies, and tools, prediction, rational choice, reaction time, recession, recruiting, small business, Start-up business, Supply and demand
Academic: Greg AutryOnline ISBN:9781473988675Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016