Michael Bewick discusses how the company JW Greaves & Sons Limited, has changed over time. Faced with financial loss and possible closure, JW Greaves & Sons Limited embraced a radical change. The business moved away from slate quarrying and into adventure tourism.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Family Business: Business Transformation
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Strategy Transformation, Strategic Alliances, Sustainability Strategy
- Duration: 00:17:33
- Keywords: anxiety, audience research, capital (economics), change management, community (sociology), community attachment, double bind interaction, employee compensation, engineering, green values, history, hydroelectric power, investment (finance), job creation, joint venture, liability, organizational change, partnerships, poverty, restructuring, rural community, Skilled work, Skills (abilities), Slate quarrying, Success, Supply and demand, tourism, wealth, World War I
JW Greaves & Sons Limited, 1836-
Zip World, 2013-People
Practitioner: Michael BewickOnline ISBN:9781473961920Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016