Dr. Faith Lutze discusses the almost invisible field of community corrections, the section of the criminal justice system that includes probation and parole. She highlights the pros and cons of evidence-based practice. Lutze also stresses the need for greater investment in community corrections as the United States moves away from mass incarceration.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Faith Lutze Discusses Community Corrections
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Community Corrections, Rehabilitation
- Duration: 00:16:11
- Keywords: behavior change, boundary spanning, challenges, issues, and controversies, collaboration, community corrections, community corrections as an alternative to imprisonment, community supervision orders, conscience, convenience, criminal justice system, dissemination of research, diversion programs, evidence based policy, evidence-based practice, expertise, influential texts and figures of veneration, innovation, media coverage, mental health, meta-analyses, misconceptions, organization structure, overcorrection, parole, poverty, prisoner reentry, probation, progressive era, punishment, recidivism, reform, rehabilitation, reintegration into communities, research, research methods, risk assessment, Support services staff, theory and research
Academic: Faith E. LutzeOnline ISBN:9781526400314Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017